Looking for something?

Saturday 4 March 2017

ECO- FRIENDLY TOURIST MONSTER by Rabab Taher


One deadly night,when the wind was howling and the doors creaking, my father was busy constructing a lamp that appeared so ugly. I could not sleep the whole night  as some sound was constantly heard coming out of it.
I was acting brave but I was not, I crept into my bedroom thinking  the lamp would not appear there at least...I peeked inside my closet ,I yawned AAAHH!!! And finally nothing was there.I fell asleep and had a beautiful dream , I was glad to see that unforgettable  dream. I got up in the morning and started writing my dream on a paper but couldn’t write because of the noise from the lamp.
I asked myself “Can things happen in real life what we read in story books?”… I started rubbing the lamp and stopped …once again , I asked myself, “Why would my father make this lamp for me?” Then I remembered the day when I narrated the Aladdin story to my father. Eureka!!!  I continued rubbing the lamp, my hands started shivering and suddenly something appeared, guess what? SMOKE…Yes just like I read in the story of Aladdin.

A creature appeared from the smoke … I screamed,“ Aaaaaah!!!  Who are you?”.
The fluffy, cotton like creature replied, “ I am your friend, don’t be afraid of me, I won’t harm you, I can grant you any wish that you ask because I am your friend.”
I asked, “Ooh!!! But how did you appear  here ?”
The creature said , “When you were rubbing the lamp I came out of it and whoever releases me,  I grant them a wish .”
 “Please can you make me a rich person ?” I replied.
The creature  then uttered the magic words,  “ HITCH DITCH PITCH  MAKE THE PERSON RICH.” Immediately I became the richest person in the world.
 The creature and I became friends, I gave him a name based on its personality “ JINNIE”.He could grant wishes as well as he had the power called “ REDARK” that means he could see in the dark very clearly with his sparkly red eyes and was able to fly as high as 90 feet in the air. He was a plant-eater and harmed no one. He loved to visit many tourist countries and have fun. In addition, he liked to try some food  of those places he visited. He could eat a big scoop of ice-cream in one bite.
So I had fun with JINNIE , spending a day and sharing my feelings. Next day  I hugged my dad and thanked him for the magic lamp .My Dad replied “No, it wasn’t a magic lamp, it was an ordinary lamp.”
Oops! Welcome to my wonderland.

By Rabab Taher
5B



1 comment:

  1. Ms. Fatema Kapasi6 March 2017 at 22:58

    What an absolutely interesting twist to a famous tale! And I loved the title of your story.

    ReplyDelete

Go on...leave us a comment. We know you want to :)