Looking for something?

Sunday 5 March 2017

THE PERSON WHO CHANGED MY LIFE by Tasneem Gadiwala



Every library period would be much awaited. I would and search through the shelves of books. Enid Blyton, no… a little childish--- Jill Murphy, no way! Extremely childish! Roald Dahl’s “George’s Marvelous Medicine” is what I found next. “Hmmm…let’s give this us a try.” I thought.
After I read that tremendous book a gazillion times, it cemented a golden plate in my heart saying ‘The Best Book Ever!’ Ever since then, I started reading Roald Dahl’s short stories with huge and extravagant adventures.

I made a pact to myself that I would read every single book that says ‘Written by Roald Dahl.’ What I like about him is that he was a:
Multitalented writer, an innovative thinker and a fan of all age groups.

He can think of funky odd words like snozzcumbers (the big, friendly giant’s favourite snack.) This is what caught my eye. But that was just the tip of the iceberg. He has written short stories, chapter books, an auto-biography, funky tales about animals, wicked witches, horrendous humans, poor boys and much more!
He was a grown-up adult who wrote for the teeniest of kids. He had written many bestsellers like---Charlie and the chocolate factory, George’s marvelous medicine (my personal favourite), James and the giant peach and the list is endless.
  But you must be thinking about how he changed my life? You see, as a child,  I ran away from writing and I made excuses for NOT writing. But after a glimpse of Roald’s books, I was way ahead of the herd!

I got brainpower and switched my brains with an imaginative, innovative and out-of-the-box girl! I am currently packed with vocabulary, strong adjectives and millions of ideas! I could even write a 100-page book about anything right now! I am a walking dictionary, as my friends say.
Roald Dahl was a WW2 fighter pilot and now he is a loved one by millions of fans, including me! He is the person who changed my life…

By Tasneem Gadiwala
7G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...leave us a comment. We know you want to :)