Looking for something?

Monday 6 March 2017

I AM A BETTER PERSON TODAY BECAUSE OF YOU by Ruqaiya Ezzi



Undoubtedly one of the most tense, nerve wracking moments of my life.
I don’t think I’ve ever been able to feel every possible emotion juggling within me all at once.

It was just so weird... but I was not the one to blame. Unexpectedly my insides became so overwhelmed. Euphoria struck me, then some ephemeral moments of teary outburst. It was the first time I met you. You came over and I could barely talk.
I could have known you for a week, a month, or years and it still wouldn’t have made a difference. You still would have changed my life completely and magically. You changed my life in the best way possible. I will never be able to put into words how grateful I am to have met such an amazing person, someone so caring, compassionate and loving. You may or may not know it, but I am a better person and the credit goes to you.
You appreciate all my little surprises. You are amazed by me in a way that I’d always wished someone would be and on the other hand you amaze me each and every time. By your kindness, by those electrifying smile, your humility, by those gorgeous eyes, by your perfect nose, and by the way you make each day so perfectly special.
You are proud of me, loving, supportive, you were on my side. It finally made sense.... those were no games with you, no waiting by the phone, no hiding my feelings or having to play it cool, no having the rug ripped from beneath me just honest constant love something I had never known!
It didn’t take me long to realize that you were going to change my life. You brought out the sides of me that I never knew existed. You were always there to lift me up when I felt defeated. You showed me that I wasn’t just beautiful on the inside, but on the outside too, which I found hard to believe at times. You reminded me every chance you got so I never forget that I had someone rooting for me.
You truly made me want to be a better person. You wanted me to radiate joy, be generous, and be selfless and countless other things. You made me want to be like you because in my eyes, you were, and still are, the perfect role model. You made me realise the true meaning of life and how we should approach everyday that we are given. You made me realise so many things about life that I would have never discovered without your guidance. You taught me that the best view to all the problems of life is when you look at them, while sitting on the fence.
You helped me when I didn’t know who to turn to. You never turned me away and had the best listening ears. You may not have always known what to say but you presence made everything better. You knew how to heal a wounded heart. Thank you for being the person I could go to when I needed someone.
As for you... you deserve the world because you changed mine and lives of many others. I can only hope that I touched your life even half in the way you had touched mine. I have yet to meet someone else who has constructively steered my life like you have. Maybe there is a reason for that. Maybe you are the person who is supposed to teach me. As life continues I will always cherish the impact you left on me. For which I will forever be grateful to you and will never be able to thank you enough for being so influential in my life. You made life worth living....
I don’t know where I would be if I hadn’t met you.... It is said that “everything happens for a reason” and that “if god is taking something away from you, that’s because you deserve something way better” your existence has made my life so much brighter and I am a better person for that! Thank you for coming into my life. You are and will always be my inspiration.
The readers might be in a dilemma of whom this “you” stand for.... For me the name doesn’t matter but that person will be held in high esteem throughout my life

1 comment:

Go on...leave us a comment. We know you want to :)